Camel with Hammock – exercise #175
A Bird Glides on the Wind (exercise #172) SiRA Aerial Yoga or Fly Yoga.
A Bird Glides on the Wind Aerial Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Aerial Yoga program.
• Sit in a low-to-the-ground hammock with the hips a few inches from the floor
• The fabric covering the waist from behind
• Reach up to grab the sides of the hammock
• Lean back to place upper back and shoulders on the mat
• Reach the legs toward the sky outside the hammock straps
• Release the arms
• Bend the knees and pass the feet between the hammock straps to lock on with a leg wrap
• Using the arms, “climb” the sides of the hammock by grabbing higher and higher as you pull yourself up to standing
• The hammock will be wrapped across the front of the thighs
• Hold the straps at shoulder height
• Bend at the waist allowing the arms to extend back
• Lead body forward while straightening the legs and the body
• Push from the feet and swing back and forth for 3-5 breaths
• To release, return the feet to the mat and stand
• Sit back and bend the knees, returning the upper back and shoulders to the mat
• Unwind the legs and lift yourself up to a seat
• Strengthens the arms and core
• Stretches the shoulders
• Offers a relaxing swing
• A fun, dynamic inversion
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.