Candle – exercise #71
Candle (exercise #71) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Candle Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.Highlights:
- Lie on your back with the feet flat on the floor
- Press arms into the ground to reach feet up toward the ceiling
- Place a Tibetan bowl on the feet and tap the bowl (Imagine you light a candle with bowl)
- Slowly bend the knees and lift your legs, hips and some of your waist off the ground
- Place your hands on your lower back keeping elbows about shoulder-width apart.
- Reach feet toward ceiling, lengthening legs
- Hold the balance for few moments
- To come down – bend your knees and lower you back down while bending the head backward
- Strengthens the legs, hips, arms, and abs.
- Relieves stress and depression
- Opens the shoulders and neck