Fan – exercise #77
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/286329581" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Fan (exercise #77) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Fan Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.Highlights:
- Tell the kids to put imaginary glue on their backsides of their legs, so they imagine their legs are glued to the ground and they can’t lift up the legs.
- Reach the hands straight forward with the feet flexed
- With an exhale, start to slowly lean back towards lying down
- Bring the hands above the head
- Elongate the body: Can we lengthen the distance between the tips of the toes and the fingertips?
- With an exhale, slowly reach your hands upward then forward as you lift your body back to the sitting position.
- Continue the forward bend, reach toward your feet and hold your toes
- Repeat 3-5 times to open and close the fan
- Strengthens the spine & the muscles of the back
- Stretches the shoulders, spine, and hamstrings
- Strengthens muscles in the legs
- Improves core strength
- Increases strength and flexibility in the feet