Flying Butterfly with Shoulder Opener – exercise #144
Flying Butterfly with Shoulder Opener (exercise #144) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Flying Butterfly with Shoulder Opener Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
- Sit cross-legged on the mat behind the hammock, with the hammock low to the ground
- Gather together the hammock fabric at the bottom
- Lift one foot at a time to place the souls of the feet together on the hammock
- Allow the knees to butterfly wide
- Reach up high to the sides of the hammock and pull yourself upright
- Keep the soles of the feet together with the toes pointed toward the mat
- Keep the knees wide as you swing slowly front to back
- Reach one hand through the hammock and place on the ground in front of you
- Let your opposite shoulder roll back so your chest opens
- With your torso facing downward, reach back to grab the hammock again with both shoulders open, thumbs up
- Hold the stretch for 3-5 cycles of breath
- To release, reach one hand back to the ground in front to stabilize
- Return to upright, then lower the hips to the ground with your feet in front
- Release the feet and return to sitting cross-legged
- Stretches the hips and thighs
- Stretches the shoulders and chest
- Offers a fun inversion
- Builds strength and stability in the arms and hips
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.