Flying Stork – exercise #57
Flying Stork (exercise #57) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Flying Stork Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
- Stand behind the hammock
- Grab the sides of the hammock with both hands at shoulder height
- Lift the right leg, bend the knee, and place the right shin in the hammock
- Bend the left knee and press the chest forward, through the hammock straps
- While still holding the hammock, allow the arms to extend long behind you, one by one
- Lean forward, push off the left foot and fly!
- Swing back and forth, holding the hammock straps behind you and your head up
- Return the left foot to the ground to stop the swinging
- Engage the core and bend the elbows to shift the torso back and return to standing
- Release the right foot to the ground
- Repeat on the other side
- Requires core engagement and stabilization
- Stretches the thighs
- Opens the front of the chest
- Stretches the arms
- Increases arm strength
- Introduces a FUN swinging movement