Hips Open with Hammock – exercise #148
Hips Open with Hammock (exercise #148) SiRA Aerial Yoga or Fly Yoga.
Hips Open with Hammock Aerial Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Aerial Yoga program.
• Stand behind a hammock
• Gather the hammock fabric together and place the right foot at the bottom of the hammock
• The left foot may turn out at an angle
• Hold the torso upright and grab the sides of the hammock
• Push the right foot away from you to straighten and stretch the leg
• Release your left hand from the hammock as you turn the torso toward the standing leg
• The left toes will point toward the long edge of the mat
• Bring the left hand to left hip as you continue to press the right foot away from you
• Hold for 3-5 cycles of breath
• To release, turn to face the hammock
• Hold the sides of the hammock as you release the feet
• Repeat on the opposite side
• A hip-open hamstring and groin stretch
• Strengthens the standing leg
• Requires balance
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.