Inverted Butterfly with Side Stretch – exercise #143
Inverted Butterfly with Side Stretch (exercise #143) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Inverted Butterfly with Side Stretch Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
- Sit cross-legged on the mat behind the hammock, with the hammock low to the ground
- Gather together the hammock fabric at the bottom
- Lift one foot at a time to place the souls of the feet together at the base of the hammock
- Allow the knees to butterfly wide
- Reach up high to the sides of the hammock and pull yourself upright
- Keep the soles of the feet together and the knees wide
- One at a time, reach your arms through the hammock and place your palms on the mat in front of you
- Press into the palms to send the tailbone further back and press into the butterfly stretch
- Keep both arms long as you slowly sway the hips from side to side
- To release, reach each arm back to grab the sides of the hammock
- Return to upright, then lower the hips to the ground with your feet in front
- Release the feet and return to sitting cross-legged
- Stretches the hips, thighs and sides of the body
- Offers a fun inversion
- Builds strength and stability in the arms and hips
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.