Mermaid Pose with Hammock – exercise #178
Mermaid Pose with Hammock (exercise #178) SiRA Aerial Yoga or Fly Yoga.
Mermaid Pose with Hammock Aerial Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Aerial Yoga program.
• Sit in a low-to-the-ground hammock with fabric spread wide under your seat and thighs
• Bring your feet up into the hammock one at a time
• Use the hands to help spread the hammock fabric all the way to the toes
• Holding the sides of the hammock, lean back
• Turn towards the left and bring the left forearm to the mat
• Tent the right fingertips to the mat for support
• Sway your “mermaid tail” by bending the knees, drawing thighs to the chest, then extending again
• Add a push front to back by pressing the left arm long, then bending it again
• To release, face the hammock and use both hands to pull back up to a seat
• Bring the feet back to the mat, knees bent
• Repeat on the opposite side
• Strengthens the core
• Requires stability and control
• A fun, dynamic pose
• Encourages imagination
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.