Peacock in the Hammock – exercise #136
Peacock in the Hammock (exercise #136) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Peacock in the Hammock Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
• Stand in front of the hammock, facing sideways
• Straddle the hammock and take a seat, spreading the fabric wide underneath you
• Bring your right foot to your groin, resting your foot in the hammock
• Bring your left foot up underneath you, and reach behind the hammock to grab it with both hands
• Hold for 3-5 cycles of breath
• Slowly release your left foot back to the earth
• Grab the hammock in front of you with both hands, as you release the right foot back down
• Repeat on the other side
• Stretches the hips and thighs
• Opens the chest and shoulders
• Requires balance and flexibility
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.