Stork with Hammock – exercise #52
Stork with Hammock (exercise #52) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Stork with Hammock Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
• Stand behind the hammock
• Grab the sides of the hammock with both hands at shoulder height
• Lift the right leg, bend the knee, and place the right shin in the hammock
• Release the grip of the hands, and bring palms to touch at the center of the chest
• Balance for 3-5 breaths
• Grab the sides of the hammock
• Return the right foot to the ground
• Repeat on the other side
- Requires body awareness and balance
- Introduces the use of the hammock
- Requires core stabilization
- Stretches the thighs
- Strengthens the standing leg