Swimming Mermaid Pose – exercise #181
Swimming Mermaid Pose (exercise #181) SiRA Aerial Yoga or Fly Yoga.
Swimming Mermaid Aerial Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Aerial Yoga program.
• Stand behind a low-to-the-ground hammock
• Grab hold of the sides of the hammock as you wrap one leg at a time around the outer edge of the hammock and then step through
• You’ll end up with the legs together and the support of the hammock fabric across the shins just below the knees
• Reach both arms and the torso forward through the hammock
• Keep hold of the hammock behind you with thumbs facing down as you lean forward and lift the feet
• Undulate to swing back and forth, like a mermaid swimming in the ocean
• To release, return the feet to the mat
• Return to upright and bring the arms back through the hammock straps
• Hold to the sides of the hammock as you release your feet from the bind
• Return to standing behind the hammock
• A fun, dynamic pose
• Uses the core and stabilising muscles
• Encourages imagination
Disclaimer: Please don’t try any Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga exercises without understanding detailed instructions that can be found on our website. Please hold the hammock with both hands were appropriate and never release your hands if not feeling safely and not according to the instructions. You will be responsible that everybody in your class is doing it correctly and SiRA will not have any responsibility whatsoever.