Swinging on a Crescent Moon – exercise #140
Swinging on a Crescent Moon (exercise #140) SiRA Fly Yoga or Aerial Yoga.
Swinging on a Crescent Moon Fly Yoga exercise is part of the hammock exercises in Fly Yoga program.
• Stand in front of the hammock, facing sideways
• Straddle the hammock and take a seat, but keep the fabric tightly gathered, like a rope
• With bent knees, reach one foot at a time up to the fabric in front of you
• Reach one hand at a time up to the fabric above your head
• As you feel ready, release one hand at a time from the hammock and bring your hands to your knees
• Gently sway back and forth for a count of 5-10
• To release, reach back and grab the hammock above your head
• Slowly bring one foot at a time back to the mat
• Requires balance
• Requires focus
• Promotes calm and stillness