What is this lesson about?
The Parents & Kids Fly Yoga workshop is an introduction to the world of Aerial Yoga for children and parents. It’s an opportunity to experience an intimate and exciting activity with your boy or girl, while enjoying the wonderful sense of hovering, fun and freedom.
Together with their parents, children will experience a set of basic exercises on the mat and in the hammock to get a taste of a typical Fly Yoga class. Some exercises are done in partnership to promote a sense of mutual connection and to encourage communication between the parent and child. The theme of this workshop is the birth of a child. Remembering the birth process creates a close and emotional connection between the parent and the child.
This workshop can be delivered to the participants of the year-round Fly Yoga Kids program, or as one time activity. By acting as an introduction to Fly Yoga, this workshop can promote enrolment in a year-round Fly Yoga Kids program. .
- Introduce yoga and Fly Yoga
- Experience close interaction between parent and child
- Introduce yoga accessories
- Experience basic Yoga and Fly Yoga exercises
- Open space with yoga mats and hammocks
- Tibetan bowl, scarf or fabric, crystal
- Relaxing background music
* All accessories are optional.